Saturday, August 29, 2009

a hunger that satisfies

Lord, show me how to love people the way you did. Untainted, pure, and blameless; a form of love that transcends the sliminess of religious ways and tugs at a stubborn chord in our hearts - the shining hope deep within us to have you in our hearts completely.

Silence my words and open my arms! teach me to hear and obey! To subdue my tongue but to preach at all times! to use words only when necessary! Lord, we know it isnt meant to be difficult so re-program us to realize it!

Jesus, Renew my mind to continue to run and stand for what you hung for even when i feel most ashamed of myself. remind us that forgiven pasts are no longer held against us, but that we have freedom to share your love with others even when we feel like hypocrites. free us from the fear of failure; to understand that your sacrifice deserves more than a feeble attempt, but to still feel worthy in your arms at the end of the day.

Lord, dismantle our plans and revert our attention to your love for us. to set that as the cornerstone upon which we build your kingdom.

Jesus, teach us to love and be loved!

No comments: