Wednesday, June 4, 2008

my saviour does pottery

.
sometimes I feel like I'm walking in circles when I'm chasing after God, always arriving back where i started: to simply be still and accept God's forgiveness and permission to fail.

sometimes i cant stand the thought of Jesus washing my feet as if i were some sort of king. my feet are far too soiled, far too stained from veering off the path that he paved.

but i guess that's exactly the type of guy he is. when we feel broken, he bends down to pick up the shards and doesn't mind getting his hands dirty because we are his passion. he sees something we cannot, the beauty in our brokenness. he doesn't mind the fact that we're messed up and spent because he knows that he is the potter, and that he can make any broken work into something new. he gathers the pieces and shapes them into a new creation, something beautiful filled the joy and pride of the potter. i want to be molded every day until i hear his breath in my ear.

"that's my child. i know him and with him, i am well pleased."


you and me, we're both children of God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"sometimes I feel like I'm walking in circles when I'm chasing after God, always arriving back where i started: to simply be still and accept God's forgiveness and permission to fail."

hey brian :) thanks for the post; that quote really just spoke out what was on my heart. haha i love it that God has you eloquent writers to express what not-as-eloquent people like can't :) be blessed and keep fallin' in love with Him everyday.