Sunday, November 22, 2009

Beginning of the end: Thoughts from a college senior

Ever since I was a kid, I had always wondered where I'd be when I "grow up"

The years have gone by and I'm nearly there, but am I really where I thought I'd be? a little older - sure. a little wiser? barely. hungry to make a difference? yes.

I really do believe in my heart that we can make a world of a difference at the workplace no matter what occupation we're in. it might not be a worldwide difference, but we can make a world of a difference to somebody, and I believe that is a beautiful thing

But why is it that I still want more? I want to make more of a difference. I want to change the world. I'm walking on a fine line between being concerned and unhealthily obsessive. Maybe its the pressures of being a college senior and having to make a choice of whether or not to go in an unknown direction.

Do you ever feel that God created you for more than what you're living for? Sometimes I wonder if the pieces of which I am made are really cut out for the defense industry or not. Should I make a jump into a totally different risky field?

Maybe I'm over thinking, but I can't help but want to start my career in the right direction. who really knows anyway, maybe I have to take three lefts to make a right.

And right when I get stressed, confused, lost, frustrated, pressured, worried, I remember the verse that smooths out the forehead wrinkles:

In his heart, a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. proverbs 16:9

-phew- that is good news.

No comments: