Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Bunnyslaughter**

I ran over a bunny a couple days ago. I'm still not over it. I feel pretty terrible.

It was a drizzly night and i was driving home on a rural road with here-and-there streetlights when all the sudden BA-BOOM I drove over something with my driver's side tire as I saw the tail-end of a bunny shadow running in front of my car. As soon as I look into my rear view all i saw was a small shadow lying in the middle of a road. The thought of its little furry body passing under my seat still haunts me.

I wonder what the bunny was thinking... it literally jumped right in front of my wheel as if it were thinking "Oh hey, here comes a wheel. I think I'll jump in front of it." WHY BUNNY? WHY!!!

My roommate asked me if I'd feel bad running over a possum. I think I could get over it. yeah, yeah I know - that sounds unfair, but it is what it is: Possums are really, really ugly. Here are some animals that I think come close to the ugliness of a possum:

1) star-nosed moles

2) proboscis monkeys

3) lampreys

4) potato bugs

5) oarfish

now tell me you would rather save a bunny's life over one of these.




**I now realize that my make-believe word bunnyslaughter looks like "bunnys laughter." I assure you there was no bunny laughter that evening. Maybe some bunnytears.

1 comment:

johnny said...

bro, I was just petting three new-born (actually 3-week-old) bunnies today @ church. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that there's a bunny heaven