Wednesday, August 27, 2008

a great evening on an empty beach

.
The beach is a place rightfully cliched and loved. Every time I see it, there's nothing that needs to be said to announce the first glimpse of the endless horizon. You don't have to describe the enveloping panorama of the coastline wrapping around the fragile skyline. It's all there waiting for you to enjoy it.







It's the feeling of helplessness you get when you stand before a beauty that silences every thought and pierces the proudest spirit: nature in all of its unbridled wilderness... In every contour and every wrinkle, the beauty of God's fine workmanship speaks proud and beautiful volumes over concrete jungles. Suddenly, the line between reality and Eden begins to blur, and the weeping water washing over my feet welcomes me home. I feel like I'm home. I wish I were. Home is kind of like the ocean.










A lot of my shots are blurry, kind of like these sweet moments. Too often I'll try to capture a thousand moments hoping to re-live one half-hearted memory. But maybe that's the beauty of the present - sweet because its only here for a grain of time; it couldn't be captured if we wanted to. Life is too fast to be enjoyed through a lens. If I could relinquish my spectatorship and put my camera down for a second, I might take the palette and hues in with my eyes, the salty sea foam with my nose, and the gentle beating with my ears. I would swear on moments like this.







I think I will take my time today to enjoy this idleness.







1 comment:

Candice said...

wow this is amazing brian!
were you just by yourself?
is this an everyday type of day at the beach?
cuz this is soo beautiful
great photos!
lets photoshoot nature pahah