Tuesday, July 8, 2008

new place

i moved into my new space about 2 weeks ago, and its been pretty hectic. its a lot less sheltered and much more responsibility to pay bills, buy furniture, clean the place, drive around town, buy groceries, etc, but hey, its a new chapter of life right? im kinda enjoying the freedom anyhoo.

the scoop:

THURSDAY: left home and started driving down at around 5am in my 100 horsepower hyundai accent. i love it already! it was struggling uphill on the grapevine, but the trip wasn't as bad as i thought. wish i had someone to talk to on the way though. played amy winehouse, john mayer, no doubt, stan getz, and jimmy eat world on repeat for the next 7 hours til i arrived at ma new place. spent a lonely night on the living room floor by me self in fear of a hockey masked man. moral of the story: do not spend a night alone in an empty building without electricity!

FRIDAY: my housemate jay moves in. he's a cool guy! we chit chat, make plans for sushi, drums, and hitting a bucket at the driving range. i furnished the place with a mod black ikea coffee table. $20, hollaaaaaaa! slept on the floor again. great.

SATURDAY: more moving. it never ends! phillip and andy brought their truck to help move some lofted beds and sofas. im really happy about the look of the place so far. now we need a dining table, some artwork, maybe a plant or two to give the space some life. i still need some more storage. slept on the lofted bed. scariest sleeping experience of my life so far.... its like sleeping on a tub of jello.

SUNDAY: the moving continues! my roommate moves in and our house fam is complete. realized i needed garbage bags. and drain-o. someone left us a surprise in the bathtub drain :-)

MONDAY: school starts. never hated lecture more in my life! 3 hours of econometric glory. one of my professors sounds like ben stein (bueller......bueller.......) on depressants. got buttlock multiple times, its like taking a final exam EVERY DAY. someone save me!

all in all, i'm enjoying the summer. SD is a great kickback place and i love the sunsets. i'm planning on mounting my guitars on the walls, so pictures to come!

2 comments:

Sophie said...

Wow I really enjoyed reading all that, even though it's a list of details about your new place.

I don't think I want a lofted bed anymore, if it's that jello-y.

And I didn't know you were afraid of the dark. :)

Sonya Kuo said...

hello Brian! i have yet to visit your newly furnished place! and mounting guitars on your wall? thats crazy! crazy cool!